Home | Contact Us   

Frequently Asked Questions


  • I'm in the process of planning a new building project. What comes next?
    Any construction which alters the original dimensions or construction of an existing structure or the erection of a new structure is subject to a building permit and inspections by the county building inspector.  You can pick up a permit application at City Hall.  The cost of the permit is regulated by Goodhue County Land Use Management division, and is based partially on project valuation.  For more information please contact Pam at City Hall @ (507) 789-6415.  Building Permit Applications can be downloaded here.


  • I'm new to town and need to know local information. 
    Welcome to Kenyon!  In the City Hall building, you can set up your water, sewer, garbage, recycling, and electric services for your new home.  Other utilities can be reached at the following numbers.
    • MN Energy Resources (gas): 1-800-889-9508
    • Frontier (telephone):  1-800-921-8102
    • Mediacom (cable):  1-800-332-0245

Also be sure to check out our City Ordinances, so that you are aware of proper procedures within our city.  

  • Do I need a permit to put up a fence?  Generally speaking, no permit is required.  Click here for more complete information regarding fencing and accessory structures.


  • What other types of permits are there?
    Miscellaneous licenses and permits are available through the City and include:  burning permits, sidewalk obstruction permits, transient merchant (selling door-to-door) permits, sign permits, temporary liquor licenses, gambling permits, and pet licenses.  Please contact City Hall for further information. 




Powered By Savvy Web Content Manager